Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

23/02/13 - Weeding at the Cardinal Triangle

As Judith said in her last post we had a working party at the Cardinal Triangle flowerbed. It was quite overgrown and the weather wasn't the best [there were continual light snow flurries but they didn't really amount to much in the end] however we had a reasonable turn out and, as working hard was the only way to keep warm, we got quite a lot done. We even got some help from our friendly local police CSO.



The grasses needed a good hair cut and there were masses of weeds - I don't think I've ever seen so much chickweed in one place, usually it's more dandelions but maybe it was a bit early for them.



We had two car boots [and most of my backseat] full of weeds and cuttings that we ferried back to compost in the yard at Cross Flatts Park.



I also got my first close up view of the new sign - I think it really stands out.

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment