Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Not doing it for the judges

Monday's meeting was at the Barkly Road planter to spread some compost before the parks department came and put the chippings down to put the weeds off growing and because this is meant mostly as a shrubbery.  I can't say that I'll miss the weekly bag of chickweed the bed has been producing!
I took this just as I was leaving, everyone else is very industrious still.
Had you noticed that the baskets are out on the lamposts.  I hadn't, as Angela says, I should spend less time watching my feet and more with my eyes on the world.  They are not quite up to photographing yet.
The tubs outside St Anthony's were up and ready and this bed was mulched or chipped or whatever by Thursday - I did notice that - head up, Judith.
Then on Saturday a couple of us went over to fill the St Anthony's tubs.  This is where they are,
and here's a close up, to brighten your day.
 
The rest of us stayed and worked in the Park, on the Bowling Green Border:
 Stage 1 consultation:
 Stage 2 implementation
Stage 3 Admiration
 
The long borders in The Millenium Garden are really looking good for the attention and if you spot David twice, you're right, he put in a heck of a lot of work.



And then in the afternoon, it rained, which is just how it should be!


Today, if the weather had been organised by Yorkshire in Bloom, we would have been panicking about being ready for tomorrow and the judging.  We were saying that we could have been as ready as we ever were.  Judge for yourself!
St Mary's Joy and the Brians have their garden well in hand

a close up of a trough by the church

This cross of daffs is not very flowery, though still well marked out.  It was my first vol with Beeston in Bloom.

 This tub ...
 and this one are both outside hairdressers on Town Street.  Do you think it a coincidence that they are so lovely?
And this is part of the herbs and dragnflies garden - I think it was named for the group that donated it, rather than the contents - at the top of the park.

Linda gave out the veg seeds for the RHS initiative on Saturday so we'll tell you how that goes. And the next big thing is the plant sales - my toms are coming on a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment